- Card series: Beginnings: 1880's
- City: Washington, D.C.
- Team: Nationals
- League: National League
Paul Aloysius Hines (1855-1935). A hearing-impaired center fielder for 16 professional seasons, Hines accumulated the most hits in the first 5 years of National League history and, upon his retirement in 1891, was 3rd all-time in hits behind Cap Anson & Jim O’Rourke.
- Won baseball’s 1st Triple Crown: 1878
- May have recorded the 1st unassisted triple-play in history
- Twice won the batting title
- Hines’ uniform color in this card was changed from black to blue in May, 2017 to reflect recent reliable research conducted by Craig Brown and friends at Threads of Our Game. Nine cards had been previously released featuring a black uniform.