Thank You Coupons:
If you have purchased an Ars Longa Art Card, you have received one of the following Thank You Coupons. You can save, collect and redeem these Thank You Coupons for free Ars Longa Art Cards. Please see details below.
Redemption Program Origins:
When I started Ars Longa Art Cards, I wanted to simulate for customers the experience of opening a pack of baseball cards; perhaps my favorite childhood ritual. My goal was to create that sense of mystery and excitement we felt as kids when ripping packs – an every-day-after-school-Christmas-morning-type-moment filled with anticipation and possibility.
After briefly experimenting and badly failing with wax paper and other materials in an attempt to create my own vintage wax packs, I decided to use soft sleeves and top loaders to protect the cards, but to hide them nonetheless behind a “wrapper” – an artwork that represents the series to which the card belongs.
To my delight, this nod to nostalgia was very well received and helped establish the Ars Longa Art Cards identity and brand. However, the practice quickly revealed itself to be resource intensive and I learned that producing a disposable artwork for every card shipped, while fun, was unsustainable and wasteful.
I thought, If only I could get those wrappers back . . . And so the Redemption Program was born.
I now reuse the Thank You Coupons you return to me, which is not only better for the environment, but saves a ton of time and resources and keeps costs down.
Thank you for your participation in the Redemption Program!
Redemption Program Guidelines:
It’s simple and consistent with hobby traditions:
- Buy Ars Longa Art Cards.
- Receive & save your Thank You Coupons.
- Collect any 8 Thank You Coupons and redeem by mailing them to the address provided below.
- Once received, I will send you a free Ars Longa Art Card from the current Redemption Series.
- Cards from the Redemption Series are not for sale. I will never sell them. The Redemption Cards were created exclusively for this mail-in offer.
- I will not post images of the Redemption Cards online until the series is retired so that I might preserve the element of surprise when you receive one.
- There is no limit to the number of cards you can earn through this offer.
- I track the Redemption Cards you earn and receive so that I never send you a duplicate.
- Each Redemption Series will consist of a small, uniquely themed set.
- Each Redemption Series will be available for approximately two years before it is retired in favor of a new series.
- A complete checklist for each series is on the back of every card. When you receive the first card, the theme and scope of the series becomes very clear.
- ALL Thank You Coupons are accepted towards this offer, regardless of previous purchase date, from the first one I sent out in 2013 to the ones I will mail out today.
Mail your Thank You cards to:
Ars Longa Art Cards
c/o Jesse Loving
110 Via Teresa
Los Gatos, CA 95030
2013-2015 Redemption Program Participation:
The 2013-2015 Redemption Program was very popular. More than 1,600 Thank You Coupons were redeemed. Participants earned more than 160 free Ars Longa Art Cards.
2016-2017 Redemption Program Participation:
I expect the 2016-2017 Redemption Program to be popular.
As of December 2016, more than 800 Thank You Coupons have been redeemed. Participants have earned more than 80 free Ars Longa Art Cards so far.