- The Diamond Heads ’15 series is inspired by some of the most iconic sets in the hobby: the Cracker Jacks, Goudeys & US Caramels. While the Diamond Heads ’15 series borrows from each, the set is highly distinctive & unique in its own right.
- Using a palette of bold colors and soft gradients as backgrounds for portraits and vintage ballpark vistas for action poses, every card’s canvas is unique.
- The biographical sketches on the reverse include information up through the 1914 season. The brief bios were written from a fictitious journalist’s perspective in 1915, albeit with a prescient degree of historical perspective.
- The same design has been used for the reverse of Diamond Heads ’15 cards throughout the series’ first four years of production
- The only difference, year-to-year, exists in the cards’ date stamps, marking each card’s copyright and year of production
Size, Weight, Design, History, Status & Trivia
- Dimensions: 2 3/8 ” x 3 1/8 “
- Thickness: 24 pts
- GSM: 300
- Complete Set: 100 cards
- Inspiration: 1914-15 Cracker Jack, 1933 Goudey, 1932 US Caramel
- Designed: May, 2014
- Introduced: May, 2014
- Completed: May, 2017
- Current Status: Active
- Current Frequency of Release: On average, one of each card per year
- The Diamond Heads ’15 series includes 59 Hall of Famers
- There are two additional Diamond Heads ’15 cards that can only be earned as FREE rewards for completing two different Ars Longa Clubhouse Challenges:
Most Popular Cards:
- The five most popular Diamond Heads ’15 cards are presented here in reverse order by average winning bid
- This list is updated whenever changes are necessary
- Last updated: October 21, 2018