- Card series: Beginnings: 1880's
- City: Louisville
- Team: Colonels
- League: American Association
Guy Jackson Hecker (1856-1938) went 6 for 6 in one game, hit 3 HRs in another, and won the AA batting title in 1886. He also pitched a no-hitter. His WHIP wasn’t eclipsed until Pedro Martinez edged out his mark in 2000. In ’84 Hecker was the triple-crown winner with 52 wins, 385 SOs and a 1.85 ERA. Small wonder he is regarded as the best pitcher-hitter of the 19th Century.
- Played almost exclusively for Louisville, finishing his career in 1890 with the Alleghenys
- Lifetime 2.92 ERA, 1,100 strikeouts, and a record of 175-146
- Guy’s uniform color on this card was changed in February, 2017 from black to maroon to reflect recent reliable research by Craig Brown & friends at Threads of Our Game. Nine cards had been previously released featuring a black uniform.